Skip Navigation
Smallest fontMedium fontLargest font
Search site


If you are unemployed or on a low income you may be able to claim benefits. Housing Benefit can help towards your rent. Council Tax Support can help you pay your Council Tax bill. Find out what other benefits you may be entitled to and where to go for money advice.

  • Housing Benefit

    Housing Benefit helps people on low incomes to pay their rent. You can claim it if you rent your main home from us, a housing association or a private landlord.

  • Help paying your Council Tax

    If you have a low income we may be able to help pay your Council Tax.

  • Your rent and other responsibilities

    It is your responsibility to make sure your rent and bills are paid on time. You must also tell us of any changes to your circumstances if you receive benefits - this is a legal requirement.

  • Other benefits and support

    If you are struggling to pay your bills you may be able to claim other benefits. Find out what you could claim, and where to go for advice on managing your money.

  • Benefits information for landlords

    If you are a landlord and your tenant receives benefits, find out how this may affect you.

Rate the quality of this content from 1 star (poor) to 5 (excellent)

Rate this page:

rate this item 1 starrate this item 2 starsrate this item 3 starsrate this item 4 starsrate this item 5 starsCurrent ratings

A to Z of services

We use cookies to help us improve the user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies.