Household Support Fund

Trusted partner organisations

We are partnering with Citizens Advice, Surrey County Council Adult Social Care Team and our Housing Team, our trusted partner organisations, to help those residents who are either just above the level to get welfare benefit or have been unable to claim. They will assess entitlement and recommend a payment to Runnymede Borough Council. We will then check the applicant is resident and liable for Council Tax and that a payment for the same thing has not already been made. If a payment is appropriate it will be made into the residents bank account.

Trusted partner organisations will be able to nominate residents for payments to help with the following, in addition to food and energy, if appropriate

Type of support version 2 Comments
Utility bills (energy bills for any form of fuel that is used for the purpose of domestic heating, cooking or lighting, including oil or portable gas cylinders. It can also be used to support with water bills including for drinking, washing, cooking, and sanitary purposes and sewerage) where non-payment would cause enforcement action

£150.00 for electricity, gas and water maximum per household

Repair or replacement of essential white goods (essentials linked to energy and water such as boiler service/repair, purchase of equipment including fridges, freezers, ovens)

£500.00 maximum per household

Travel expenses (essential transport-related costs such as repairing a car or MOT, buying a bicycle or rail ticket)

£350.00 maximum per household

Wider essentials (support with other bills including broadband or phone bills, clothing and school uniform)

£350.00 maximum per household

Rent arrears (In exceptional cases of genuine emergency where existing housing support schemes do not meet this exceptional need)

£800.00 maximum per household.

Where the property is owned by the Council, the payment will be made direct to the rent account
Essentials linked to energy and water (support with essentials linked to energy and water including sanitary products, soap, blankets)

£80.00 per household with children

£50.00 per household without children

No more than 1 payment to be made in each calendar month

Applicants must be in receipt of one of the following Benefits

  • Universal Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Support
  • Pension Credit
  • Income Support
  • Job-Seeker’s Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment (Armed Forces Independence Payment)