New Repairs Policy - your views needed
We want our tenants' help in updating our Repairs Policy. This policy describes what the Council will repair and what is the responsibility of tenants and leaseholders.
The policy sets out how quickly we will complete repairs:
- Emergency - emergency repair work will be completed within four hours
- General - all repair work will be completed within 15 working days with appointment times being agreed between the customer and the contractor
When repairs will be completed:
Appointments will be given in two categories -
• AM (08:00 - 12:00)
• PM (12:30 - 17:00)
It also describes what repairs we will carry out for leaseholders, how we will deal with fencing requests and what repairs we are responsible for following a mutual exchange.
This consultation is in preparation for a new repairs contract starting in April 2022, which may see new contractors working to repair your homes.
If you are willing to give us your views of the policy - please complete the survey available here or meet us any of the following locations to discuss in more detail:
1. Grassed area outside Surrey Towers on 9 August - 2-4pm
2. Englefield Green Middle of the Forest Estate on 10 August - 2-4pm
3. The Hythe Centre and Playing Field - Thorpe Lea Road Egham on 11 August 2-4pm
4. Chertsey Cricket Club on 12 August 2-4pm
5. Heathervale Park at New Haw on 13th August 2-4pm
Please note that the survey will remain open until 4pm on Friday 13th August 2021.