Ottershaw Neighbourhood Forum and Area Application Consultation
An application has been received by Runnymede Borough Council for the designation of an Ottershaw Neighbourhood Forum and an Ottershaw Neighbourhood Area, which are now both the subject of public consultation.
Section 61F(5) of the Planning Act 1990 (as amended) sets out that the Council may designate an organisation or body as a neighbourhood forum if certain conditions have been met, namely:
- The Forum is established for the express purpose of promoting or improving the social, economic and environmental well-being of an area;
- Membership is open to anyone who lives or works in the area or is an elected member for that area;
- Membership contains at least a minimum of 21 individuals who live or work in the area or is an elected member for that area;
- It has a written constitution.
Regulation 8 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 sets out the information required to be submitted with an application for forum designation. The Council has checked the information submitted with the Forum application and considers that it is valid. The particulars of the application are set out below:
Name of the Neighbourhood Forum: Ottershaw Neighbourhood Forum
Name of the Neighbourhood Area: Ottershaw Neighbourhood Area
The consultation documentation for both applications as submitted to the Council by the prospective Ottershaw Neighbourhood Forum can be viewed below. This document, amongst other things contains:
- Details of how the Neighbourhood Forum meets the conditions of Section 61F (5) of the Planning Act 1990;
- A map showing the extent of the proposed Ottershaw Neighbourhood Area (see appendix A); and,
- Details of the proposed constitution (see appendix B).
Contact Details: Carl Mann, 29a Brox Road, Ottershaw, KT16 0HG, firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 61G of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) sets out that the Council may designate a neighbourhood area only if:
- A relevant body (being a parish council or an organisation or body which is, or is capable of being, designated as a neighbourhood forum) has applied to the authority for an area specified in the application to be designated by the authority as a neighbourhood area.
Regulation 5 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 sets out the information required to be submitted with an application for a neighbourhood area. The Council has checked the information submitted with the neighbourhood area application and considers that it is valid. The particulars of the application are set out below:
- A map which identifies the area to which the area application relates can be viewed at appendix A of the above consultation document;
- A statement explaining why this area is considered appropriate to be designated as a neighbourhood area and a statement that the organisation or body making the area application is a relevant body for the purposes of Section 61G of the 1990 Act can be found in the above consultation document.
The applications for both the forum and area designations are open for public consultation between Monday 27 July and midnight on Monday 07 September 2020. During this time, representations can be submitted to the Council in writing either by email to email@example.com or by post to:Planning Policy TeamRunnymede Borough CouncilRunnymede Civic CentreStation RoadAddlestoneSurreyKT15 2AH
Representations received after the closing date may not be considered. If the forum is designated by the Council, no other organisation or body may be designated for that neighbourhood area until the designation expires or is withdrawn.
Should you have any queries about the Forum and Area applications, please do not hesitate to contact the Planning Policy team at the email address given above or on 01932 425248.