Work has started to create the new Egham Gateway West development, bringing more shops, restaurants, homes and a public square to the town centre.
The development will boost the town, making it more attractive to new and existing businesses, by encouraging people to stay local for their social life and shopping needs.
To allow the construction works to be carried out safely, some parking spaces are being removed from 6 January 2020. This is unavoidable, but we apologise for the inconvenience and hope local people and businesses will see the benefits of the new development in the long term. The spaces being removed are:
- On-street parking in Station Road North, and
- Church Road (precinct extension) car park.
There are three large public car parks near the town centre which can be used:
- Waspe Farm car park, off Heritage Court, near the train station - 119 spaces, no maximum waiting time, and
- Hummer Road car park, off Hummer Road / Crown Street, near Tesco - 128 spaces, maximum stay six hours.
- Church Road underground short stay car park below Waitrose / Travelodge - 140 spaces, ANPR after 30 minutes' free parking.
As well as these locations, the train station car park and Egham Library car park are also available. Drivers using these are subject to individual rules at both locations.
There are also some 30-minute short stay parking spaces in Egham town centre which are free to use during permitted times.
Read more about the Egham Gateway West development on our town centre regeneration webpages.
The new development will also provide for the installation of several Variable Messaging Signs (VMS) at each of the main entrance to the Town. These signs together with improved directional and car park signage will advertise where there are vacant spaces in the Town Centre Car parks to both reduce unnecessary journeys but also to take advantage of the vacant spaces that are available throughout the day. The signs will be installed during the timescale of the Development, which is due for completion by December 2021.
Map of alternative car parks in Egham town centre