Car Park Permits - Terms and conditions
Permits can be issued to park in many of the Borough operated car parks. These are subject to terms and conditions
Car park permits are issued subject to the following terms and conditions. In making an application for a permit, or applying to renew an existing one, you are signifying your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- We do not send out reminders. If you wish to renew your permit please apply allowing ten working days before the expiry date. Due to significant demand for permits, if a permit is not renewed within seven days of expiry, the position will be offered to someone else on the waiting list.
- Any changes to, or re-issuing of, a valid permit will incur a £15 administration charge.
- Permits must be clearly displayed in the windscreen of the vehicle in order to avoid being issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
- Permits are not transferable. Should you change your vehicle the old permit must be returned to the Council before a new permit can be issued.
- Permit holders may have up to four registration numbers listed on the permit. Only one of the vehicles may be parked at a time and the original permit must be displayed in the vehicle.
- The possession of a permit does not guarantee a place to park in the car park. Vehicles must be parked in accordance with the car park regulations.
- For either operational, or any other reason determined necessary by the Parking Services Manager (or in their absence, the Corporate Head of Community Development), it is sometimes necessary to close the whole or a part of the car park for a period and this will mean that you will not be able to park your vehicle within the car park. We will endeavour to give advance notice of these closures where a car park is unavailable for a period of seven calendar days or more, we may consider pro rata refunds. The decision to make a refund is at the sole discretion of the Council.
- A temporary permit will be required if a vehicle is away for repair for more than seven calendar days and a temporary vehicle is in use. These will be subject to an administration charge of £15. For periods of less than seven days you should notify the Council to avoid being issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
- In making an application for a permit, or applying to renew a permit, you are signifying acceptance of these terms and conditions.