If you have any queries about your tenancy, rent or community, our Housing & Neighbourhood Service is here to help.
The Housing and Neighbourhood Service is currently still operating the majority of its services to tenants, although there are some minor changes as a result of the Coronavirus:
- If you fail to pay your rent we will continue to contact you by telephone, email or letter with advice but at this time we will not make any applications for possession in line with new legislation being implemented by central government.
- Officers will only be dealing with tenants by telephone, email or letter. There will be no home visits or face-to-face visits in the office. This may cause delays processing some things like right to buy applications and mutual exchange applications where it is necessary as part of the visit to undertake an inspection of the property.
- Rent payments must continue to be made but if you are having problems paying we will provide you with budgeting and welfare benefits support, you can also seek advice on Universal Credit here.
- We will not be able to operate estate inspections at this time but residents can still contact the relevant Area Housing Manager to report issues or contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to this as appropriate based on resources available.
- There will not be scheme managers in some independent retirement living schemes, although this may be replaced by visits to the scheme by other officers, but regardless all residents will receive a daily welfare call by telephone.
- If you are a new tenant signing up for a property you will have a shortened sign up in the Civic Centre where you will be invited into an office on your own to sign your tenancy agreement and an officer will support you with this process via telephone. We will then phone you within 28 days to ensure you have moved in and support you with any issues that have arisen since the start of your tenancy.
The purpose of the Housing & Neighbourhood Services Team is to:
- Manage our current tenancies,
- Manage our properties,
- Manage our estates (including caretaking),
- Ensure sustainable neighbourhoods,
- Provide support to our tenants,
- And, where necessary, undertake enforcement activities.
Please see the table below for a guide to who covers your area:
|1||Egham, Englefield Green & Virginia Water||Rebecca Reay|
|2||Chertsey & Egham||Paul Parsons|
|3||Addlestone & Chertsey||Rapinder Sangha|
|4||Addlestone, New Haw & Ottershaw||Nicola Polhill|
The Area Housing Managers report to Senior Area Housing Managers. Please see the table below for a guide to who manages your area:
|Area||Senior Area Housing Manager|
North (1 and 2)
|South (3 and 4)||Dennis Paul|