Join the Mayor of Runnymede, Councillor Parshotam Sohi, at the launch of the Egham Hythe History Festival Exhibition and Film on Monday 1 July, 11am, at the Hythe Centre.
A collection of photographs will be on display in the small hall, as well as a special showing of a film made with the Egham Hythe History Group, where they share fond memories of the town.
This a great opportunity to celebrate Egham Hythe and its history, as well as talk with the Curator of Egham Museum and members of the Egham Hythe History Group to hear more about what they do.
The exhibition features the following:
- Roman Road the Devil's Highway through Egham Hythe
- Hythe Port
- Victorian Community Primary School
- Beer Houses - The Compasses, Robin Hood and the closed public house
- St Paul's Church - Wedding /baptism photos
- Former Post Office
- Magna Carta Secondary School
- Growing Up in Egham Hythe
- Frogs Island and the River Thames
All ages are welcome! Refreshments and biscuits will be provided throughout the day, and the exhibition will run until 4pm, after which time the exhibition will be taken over to Magna Carta School to start it's tour around the area.