Join in the free activities for Runnymede Dementia Action Week 2019, including the launch of the Sensory Garden Trail at Chertsey Recreation Ground.
The Runnymede Dementia Action Alliance is taking part in Dementia Action Week to improve the everyday lives of people with dementia and their carers.
This year, residents are being encouraged to volunteer in a care home for a couple of hours during Dementia Action Week, in partnership with Amily Home Care, Sunrise and Signature Care Homes. If you are interested in volunteering, please telephone Voluntary Support North Surrey on 01932 571122.
Alternatively, come along and join in the activities taking place in Runnymede:
Signature Homes Parklands Manor. Bittams Lane, Chertsey, KT16 9FS
The unveiling of the new sensory garden at Parklands Manor will take place on Friday, 17 May, 2019 from 3pm to 5pm. There will be a jazz band and refreshments will be served during the afternoon. Please RSVP to Sonia and Judy on 01932 876800 to book your place at the event.
The Dementia Team at St Peter's Hospital
On Tuesday, 28 May, 2019 the Dementia Team are highlighting living well with dementia and carer support, as well as showcasing partnership working with a market place. A range of organisations will be providing information on their services. For more information please contact Diana Sherridan, Dementia Team, St Peter's Hospital on 01932 723250.
The launch of the Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals Foundation Trust new Dementia Strategy will take place on the afternoon of 28 May 2019, as part of the work towards Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals being dementia friendly for patients, families and carers.
Runnymede Borough Council
Runnymede Borough Council is launching a Sensory Garden Trail at Chertsey Recreation Ground, KT16 9LR. Copies of thecan be found in Addlestone, Chertsey and Egham Libraries, River Bourne Club, Chertsey, Chertsey Halls, the Revive Coffee Shop, Chertsey and the Runnymede Borough Council day centres.
Sunrise Care Homes, Virginia Water
We will be running our memory café on the second and third Thursday of the month. There will be music therapy and interaction with tea, coffee and cake. Open to all families.
For more information please contact Suzanne Stronge, Partnership and Policy Development Officer at Runnymede Borough Council on 01932 425828.
For press information please contact Runnymede Borough Council's communication team on 01932 425869 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on the Runnymede Dementia Action Alliance:
The Runnymede Dementia Action Alliance is a multi-agency group which increases awareness on dementia and provides information on how to promote Dementia Action Week and social activities for people with dementia, as well as help for carers.
The following publications have been produced:
- Fridge magnet promoting the dementia friendly retailers in Pooley Green and advertised for hospital volunteers to help people with dementia at St Peter's Hospital and promoted the Carers Dementia Support. www.dementiacarerssupport.co.uk
- Leaflet for shops and businesses on how to support customers with dementia.
- Booklet on how to improve your memory and support people in Runnymede. It also includes the Sensory Garden Trail at Chertsey Recreation Ground, KT16 9LR.
If you would like any of the above information or publications please contact Suzanne Stronge at Runnymede Borough Council on 01932 425869 or email email@example.com.
- Achieve Lifestyle, Egham and Addlestone
- Alzheimer's Society, London
- Cinnamon Care Homes, Rivermede Court, Egham
- Dementia Care Team, St Peter's Hospital, Chertsey
- Emma's House Day Care, Rodwell House, Ottershaw
- Orchard Dementia Centre, Chertsey
- Parklands Manor, Chertsey
- Runnymede Borough Council
- Runnymede Dementia Carers Support
- Runnymede Locality Team, Surrey County Council
- St Paul's Church, Hebrews Café, Addlestone
- Sunrise Virginia Water
- Surrey County Council Libraries
- The River Bourne Club, Chertsey