Advice for the bereaved (Council Tax Support and housing benefit)

Your income may be affected when your partner or someone who lives with you, passes away. For example, the amount of money coming into your household may decrease or your capital may increase if you receive an inheritance.

If you were in receipt of council tax support or housing benefit, you must contact the housing benefit team who will advise you about your claim.

If you did not claim for Council Tax Support or housing benefit before, you may now be eligible for help if your income is low.

You should apply immediately. Please contact the housing benefit department on 01932 425388 to request a claim form.