We may be able to offer a grant of up to £6,000 for works that are vital to your wellbeing if you are over 60, or have a disability, and are on a low income.
This can include:
- roof repairs
- treatment of damp or rot
- heating work not covered by ECO
- replacement windows or doors.
Grants are means tested so you may have to make a contribution or fund the works yourself. We will not fund emergency work that can be covered by an insurance policy.
- be a homeowner or private tenant with repairing obligations under your tenancy agreement
- have lived in the property for at least two years
- not have savings of more than £20,000
- not be eligible for a commercial loan or a Home Improvement Loan.
- apply for the grant and wait for an outcome before starting the work.
If the work is for a mobile home or caravan, it must be your main home and on its own plot in a licensed mobile home site.
The maximum grant is £6,000 (to include all VAT and fees) and you cannot receive more than £12,000 for the same property within three years.
Email email@example.com for more information and to apply. An officer will assess your home to see if the work is eligible and we will also look at your finances.