This Sub-Committee was disestablished in April 2017
The Terms of Reference of the Magna Carta Sub-Committee are as follows:
- To advise on the 2015 celebrations of the sealing of the Magna Carta in Runnymede and events leading up to 2015.
- To consider and advise on the legacy from the celebrations in partnership with other interested parties.
- To recommend application for any grants which may be available to support events or the legacy of the celebrations.
- To be the conduit for communication with partner organisations and the local community on plans and proposals.
- To liaise with the Trustees, the national 2015 steering Committee and the Project Board initiated by Surrey County Council, to co-ordinate activities and plans.
- To refer any proposals which have resource implications to the Corporate Management Committee.
Magna Carta Sub-Committee Members:
Chairman and Vice-Chairman will be appointed at the first meeting of the municipal year
- Councillor Derek Cotty
- Councillor Marisa Heath