The Runnymede Business Partnership comprises representatives from:
- the local business community
- three local Chambers of Commerce
- Surrey Police
- local schools, colleges and Royal Holloway, University of London
- Runnymede Borough Council.
It was formed in 1998 to tackle issues affecting businesses across the borough and has led a number of innovative initiatives. For example, we worked to reduce peak-hour congestion on busy local roads by introducing school 'walking buses', cycle shelters and The Yellow Bus Service. There are seven Yellow Buses serving four secondary schools in the borough. Business sponsorship makes an important contribution to costs.
Other initiatives include:
- producing three newsletters a year to keep local organisations in touch with our business news and events
- maintaining an online business database to put customers in touch with local businesses and services
- Breakfast Forum meetings to enable local firms to network and discuss business topics
- work experience guidance leaflets for local companies.
Our free Runnymede Loyalty Card scheme offers approximately 100 discounts, encouraging customers from anywhere to buy from local companies and , where applicable, linking directly to their websites. The list of participating firms is on the website and you can also use the iRunnymede app.
Local business sponsorship enables us to offer most of our activities free and there are no membership fees to join the Business Partnership.
For more information, visit our the Runnymede Business Partnership Website or contact us.