Business Runnymede comprises representatives from:
- Local business community
- Three local Chambers of Commerce
- Surrey Police
- local schools, colleges and Royal Holloway, University of London
- Runnymede Borough Council.
in order to tackle issues affecting businesses across the Runnymede.
Peak-hour congestion was straining the local road network, which led to Business Runnymede pioneering a distinctive Yellow Bus Scheme which helped reduce traffic. The Yellow Bus Service. There are seven Yellow Buses serving the borough. Business sponsorship makes an important contribution to costs.
Other initiatives include:
- producing three newsletters a year to keep local organisations in touch with our business news and events
- maintaining an online business database to put customers in touch with local businesses and services
- Breakfast Forum meetings to enable local firms to network and discuss business topics
We introduced the Loyalty Card Scheme to encourage local shopping and to keep our high streets busy and vibrant in the changing retail environment.
The list of participating firms is here
We hold breakfast forums throughout the year covering a wide range of topics, with the aim of bringing local companies together.
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with all our networking events and more! Newsletter
Regardless of the size or sector of your business, networking is a valuable and essential tool to support each other and create new contacts.