Alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshments

To supply alcohol an individual must hold a Personal Licence, and the premises must also hold a Premises Licence.

A personal licence authorises an individual to supply alcohol, or authorise the supply of alcohol, at premises that already hold a premises licence. It is issued by the Council covering the area where the applicant lives.
A Premises Licence authorises the use of any premises (vehicle, vessel or moveable structure or any place or a part of any premises) to carry out licensable activities. A Premises Certificate authorises registered clubs to carry out licensable activities.
A Temporary Events Notice (TEN) may be required for licensable activities to take place at an event with fewer than 500 attendees, lasting no more than seven days.