For Housing Benefit claims you will need to provide evidence of your rent liability unless you are a council tenant.

As part of the evidence to support a claim please provide:

  • a current tenancy agreement; or
  • a letter from your landlord if you do not have a tenancy agreement; or
  • a fully completed and recently updated rent book; or
  • at least three months receipts.

We need to see the amount and frequency of rent, any service charges you pay, the date you moved in, the duration of your tenancy and whether you are a joint tenant. It should also include the address of the property you are renting and your landlord's or agent's address.