Money advice

If you are worried about managing your money or debts you have, help is available.

If you are struggling to pay your rent you could be evicted so you must ask for help.

You should check if you are getting all of the state benefits you are entitled to. There are many organisations that can offer help and advice.

Citizens Advice Bureau: offers advice on debt problems and a wide range of other topics.

National Debt Line:  can discuss debt problems with you over the phone and explain the options available.

Age UK: information on income and benefits for older people.

Step Change: free, confidential advice over the phone on everything from budgeting ideas to practical debt management plans.

Advice UK: UK's largest support network of free, independent advice centres.

Debt Support Trust: a charity with trained, friendly debt advisers.

BOOM Credit Union: a Credit Union offering low cost, ethical financial services, including a range of flexible loans from as little as £250, with no early repayment penalties.

You can also get information and advice on benefits from GOV.UK.