EZ³ Enterprise Zone
EZ³ (pronounced as EZ cubed) is a multi-site Enterprise Zone that links three sites - Longcross Park near Chertsey, as well as Basing View in Basingstoke, and TechForest in Whitehill & Bordon's Louisburg Barracks.
The three EZ³ sites have a total area of about 40 hectares, with the potential to generate £229 million from Business Rates retention over a 25 year period. The income will be retained and invested to drive growth in the local economy. The forecasted economic impact to the local area from the three sites also includes the creation of around 10,000 jobs and 200 new businesses.
About Longcross Park
The site at Longcross Park is part of the closest Enterprise Zone in the country to Heathrow (15 mins drive time) . Longcross Park is part of the 300 acre Longcross Garden Village. It is currently home to Longcross Studios where a string of blockbuster movies are made.
The first homes are currently being delivered as part of a major place-making exercise to provide up to 1,700 homes, and community facilities including a school and an 85 acre country park. The site is the largest commercial space ready for development in the Local Enterprise area with:
- planning consent for 850,000sqft of "Grade A" offices, masterplanned around a linear park;
- planning consent for 385,000sqft of Data Centre uses; and
- proposals for retail and leisure facilities, including cafes and a convenience store.
Benefits for businesses
A key benefit of the site having Enterprise Zone status is that eligible businesses taking up occupancy in the site before 31 March 2022, will receive a 100% Business Rate discount for five years, up to the maximum state aid threshold of around £275,000. There is further information on the Enterprise Zone Business Rates Relief within the Relief for Business Rates section of our website.
Other benefits to businesses include:
- access to highly skilled working population and academic institutions;
- access to commercial benefits of world-leading technologies in 5G development and cyber security;
- an on-site train station serving London Waterloo and Reading;
- access to the M25 and M3 in under 10 minutes drive time; and
- bespoke build to suit opportunities for companies looking from 30,000sqft up to a whole campus.
More information about the Enterprise Zone is available on the EZ³ website.