Skip Navigation
Smallest fontMedium fontLargest font
Search site

Animal licensing

Animal boarding, dog breeding, horse riding establishment, pet shop and zoo licences.

  • Zoo licence

    You'll need a zoo licence to display wild animals to the public for at least seven days a year, in any place that's not a circus or pet shop.

  • Pet shop licence

    To run a business selling pet animals online or in a shop you will need a licence. Pet animals includes any vertebrate animals - fish, amphibian, reptile, bird or mammal.

  • Horse riding establishment licence

    A licence is required if your business hires out horses or ponies for riding, or operates a riding school.

  • Dog breeding licence

    If you breed dogs to sell you may need a dog breeding establishment licence depending on the number of dogs and litters.

  • Animal boarding licence

    An animal boarding establishment is a business that provides accommodation for other people's dogs or cats.

Rate the quality of this content from 1 star (poor) to 5 (excellent)

Rate this page:

rate this item 1 starrate this item 2 starsrate this item 3 starsrate this item 4 starsrate this item 5 starsCurrent ratings

A to Z of services

We use cookies to help us improve the user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies.