Skip Navigation
Smallest fontMedium fontLargest font
Search site

Disabled adaptations

If you need to make changes to your home to suit the needs of someone with a disability, you may be able to get a Disabled Facilities Grant to help with the costs.

You can also use our care and repair service for advice and practical support in arranging the works.

Disabled Facilities Grant can help towards the cost of adaptations which are recommended by an occupational therapist. To arrange an assessment please call Surrey County Council on 0300 200 1005.

For more information and general advice please contact the care and repair team. We can help you determine what is likely to be covered by the grant before you arrange an assessment. Cosmetic work such as decorating will not be covered.

Disabled Facilities Grants are means tested so you may have to contribute towards the cost of the works.

If you are a council tenant please contact the housing maintenance team for advice.

A to Z of services

We use cookies to help us improve the user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies.