Skip Navigation
Smallest fontMedium fontLargest font
Search site

Landlords' information

As a landlord you have certain responsibilities for maintaining safety standards in your properties. You may also need a licence to rent out larger properties.

If you have three or more unrelated tenants in one property (with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities), this is known as a house in multiple occupation, or HMO. There are extra safety requirements for HMO and you may need a licence.

Rate the quality of this content from 1 star (poor) to 5 (excellent)

Rate this page:

rate this item 1 starrate this item 2 starsrate this item 3 starsrate this item 4 starsrate this item 5 starsCurrent ratings

A to Z of services

We use cookies to help us improve the user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies.