Skip Navigation
Smallest fontMedium fontLargest font
Search site

Help with housing costs

If you're struggling to make ends meet, find out about benefits and grants that can help.

  • Housing Benefit

    Housing Benefit helps people on low incomes to pay their rent. You can claim it if you rent your main home from us, a housing association or a private landlord.

  • Council Tax Support

    We can give people on low incomes help to pay their Council Tax. This is known as Council Tax Support (previously Council Tax Benefit).

  • Financial help for essential home improvements

    If your home needs essential repairs or improvements which you are having difficulty funding, you may be able to get a grant or a loan to help.

  • Rentstart

    Runnymede Rentstart can help if you are homeless and need support to rent privately. They may be able to provide a deposit bond to a landlord to secure accommodation for you. Runnymede Rentstart is operated by Runnymede Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).

  • Universal Credit

    Universal Credit replaces six existing benefits with a single monthly payment and is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions.

Rate the quality of this content from 1 star (poor) to 5 (excellent)

Rate this page:

rate this item 1 starrate this item 2 starsrate this item 3 starsrate this item 4 starsrate this item 5 starsCurrent ratings

A to Z of services

We use cookies to help us improve the user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies.