For accessibility information on this site use accesskey "0"
and go straight to the main content or use use accesskey "s"
A Duty Officer is available at certain times to give general assistance and guidance.
However any service that the Council now makes a charge for will not be able to be dealt with by the Duty Officer.
Examples of the assistance and advice which will be provided by the Duty Officer are given below:
- advice relating to the validation of planning applications
- explanation of planning applications
- general advice relating to permitted development (but not related to a specific site)
- where to find information
- general guidance on the Council's policies and standards eg Householder Guide and Replacement or Extension of dwellings in the Green Belt.
The Duty Officer will not be able to advise whether any particular property still has their permitted development rights intact.
No appointment is necessary to see the Duty Officer but normally no more than 10 to 15 minutes is available for each enquiry. A Duty Officer is available at the following times:
Monday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
Tuesday 8.30 am to 1 pm
Wednesday 1.00 pm to 4.30 pm
Thursday 8.30 am to 1 pm
Friday 8.30 am to 4.00 pm
Planning Applications register
Do I need planning permission
The Planning Portal
Planning Frequently asked questions
Last updated 6 September 2012 (SH)