For accessibility information on this site use accesskey "0"
and go straight to the main content or use use accesskey "s"
New driver information packs are available for collection from Customer Services, Runnymede Civic Centre, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 2AH upon payment of a £10 fee. This is refundable at the time of application if within three months.
Relevance of convictions relating to Private Hire/Hackney Carriage Licensing
Guidelines - the difference between Private Hire/Hackney Carriage and Vehicle specifications.
Downloadable Forms and Action
- Questionnaire - Complete and return as soon as possible.
- Driver's licence application - Complete and return as soon as possible and enclose 4 passport photographs.
- Vehicle licence application - Complete and return if and when ready to licence own vehicle. Obtain MOT certification when ready to licence (see application form).
- Medical - Return as soon as completed by your doctor.
(Please ensure that you fall within the criteria of our guidelines before going to the expense of having a medical).
- Knowledge Test
- DVLA Enquiry
- Disclosure and Barring Service Application Form
The Disclosure and Barring Service Application Form is available from the Runnymede Civic Centre.
Please refer to the section 'DBS Information' containing a document entitled Disclosure and Barring Service. Complete Disclosure Form and attend these offices with the requested evidence of identity and address and fee. New applicants are advised to subscribe to the DBS update service as described on the DBS information page. This will become a requirement within Runnymede in the near future so to save time and money please subscribe on receipt of your initial DBS check.
- Driving Standards Agency (DSA)
- DSA Presentation
When all of the above are completed to a satisfactory standard and the knowledge test has been passed only then will a licence be issued.
Until then an applicant will NOT under any circumstances act as a licensed driver or drive any licensed vehicle as it will render them liable to prosecution.